Perfect paired with grilled chicken, steak or other favorite protein food, this Low FODMAP Spicy Roasted Broccoli recipe is an easy side dish and a great way to get your greens.
My go-to method of cooking most veggies is roasting. I love how roasting brings out the natural sweetness of veggies, helps cut some of the bitterness and adds a crispy texture. And, this Low FODMAP Spicy Roasted Broccoli is one of my favorite roasted veggie recipes. It’s a little spicy (red pepper flakes), a little sweet (tamari) and all kinds of crunchy!
FODMAP Fact: When it comes to broccoli, portion size matters. If you’re in the experimentation phase (aka elimination), stick to 1 cup servings or less of broccoli in a sitting. Larger servings contain excess fructose which may trigger symptoms in some individuals.
- 2 lb. broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- ¼ cup garlic infused olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium tamari (or coconut aminos*)
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss broccoli florets with olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with tamari and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!