A yummy, low carb and lightened up version of the Italian classic, this Low FODMAP Spaghetti and Zoodles recipe is great for an easy, weeknight meal!
Fun fact: I hated spaghetti as a kid-ling.
I don’t know if I automatically associated it with SpaghettiOs – a product I’ve touched once, and only once #scarred4life – but I refused to eat it.
When I met my husband, not having spaghetti was not an option. So, I grew to like it … and well, now I actually love it! Funny how that happens. 🙂
As my schedule continues to fill up, I am in constant search for quick, easy, flavorful and low FODMAP recipes. And, this Low FODMAP Spaghetti and Zoodles is that and more. Incorporating just a handful of ingredients that I almost always have on hand, this dish is truly a go-to!
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 (20 oz.) package lean ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. low FODMAP Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 pkg. zucchini noodles (or 4-6 medium zucchini, spiralized)
- Fresh basil chiffonade
- Parmesan cheese (omit for dairy free or to make whole30 compliant)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add ground turkey and brown until cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and optional red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and stir to coat with sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes until zucchini noodles are warm and just fork tender.
- Serve; topping with optional basil chiffonade and parmesan.