Delicious fajitas without onions or garlic? It is possible with these Low Fodmap Shrimp Fajitas! The best part, this quick and easy recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
For as long as I can remember, fajitas have been a staple meal in my parents’, and now my, house. Quick, easy and flavor-filled, it probably comes as no surprise. However, most fajitas recipes call for onions and garlic. And, it may seem impossible for fajitas to be, well fajitas, without these ingredients.
But, these Low Fodmap Shrimp Fajitas are garlic and onion free and still super delish! My recipe uses extra peppers and Mexican-inspired flavor from my Low Fodmap Taco Seasoning to make these scrumptious fajitas sans fodmaps. Try them and let me know what you think! 🙂
- 3 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1-2 jalapeños (or other chili) peppers, seeded and minced, optional
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 Tbsp. low fodmap taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. water.
- 8 corn tortillas
- Green onions (green parts only), sliced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add bell pepper strips and optional jalapeños. Sauté until fork tender; about 8-10 minutes. Remove peppers from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil to now empty pan. Add shrimp; cook 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook 3 minutes more.
- Return peppers to pan and stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook until shrimp are done and peppers are warm.
- Serve in corn tortillas and top with green onions (green parts only) and cilantro.