Slow cooked fall veggies make a scrumptious side dish in this Low Fodmap Roasted Root Veggies recipe.
Roasting veggies is the best way to enjoy veggies. Slowly roasting helps bring out some of the natural sweetness and helps decrease the bitter flavor of some veggies. This Low FODMAP Roasted Root Veggies recipe is packed with low FODMAP fall veggies: parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, carrots and potatoes. Yum!
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss vegetable pieces with olive oil in a large bowl. Place on a baking sheet in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Stir and bake for another 25 minutes or until fork-tender. Serve.