Sweet, crunchy and fall-inspired, these Low FODMAP Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pumpkin Seeds are hard to put down! Try them for a yummy sweet treat or snack!
My low FODMAP-ing sister and I recently whipped up a batch of these oh-so-yummy Low FODMAP Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pumpkin Seeds and had a really hard time not eating the entire batch before we could photograph them. Not only are they sweet and almost addicting-ly crunchy, they’re full of yummy, pumpkin pie spices – perfect for fall!
- 1 ½ cups raw pepitas (or pumpkin seeds, cleaned and dried)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pumpkin seeds in a medium bowl. Top with melted butter and maple syrup and stir until seeds are well coated.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Add mixture to seeds and stir to coat.
- Spread seeds onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until seeds are golden brown; stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and allow to cool before enjoying.
Vegan or Dairy Free: Use coconut oil instead of butter.