Wake up your taste buds with this spicy, Afro-Portuguese-inspired Low Fodmap Peri Peri Chicken flavored with lemon, paprika and cayenne pepper!
Drawing inspiration from a signature item at Nando’s, an Afro-Portuguese restaurant we visited in Auckland, this is one scrumptious (and spicy) way to kick-things-up! This Low Fodmap Peri Peri Chicken is spicy, but oh-so-flavorful!. It’s a great way to switch things up when you’re feeling a little tired of plain ol’ grilled chicken. I like to serve my peri peri with a side of rice (or oven fries) and steamed broccoli.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup garlic infused olive oil
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a large bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cayenne, ginger and salt. Add chicken and stir to coat. Marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat broiler or grill. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chicken until done, flipping once halfway through. Serve.