A fantastic Low FODMAP pasta sauce recipe – no onion or garlic needed! Serve over low FODMAP pasta or zucchini noodles for an easy meal!
At the request of my low FODMAP-ing sister, today I’m sharing a super easy (and delicious!) recipe for low FODMAP pasta sauce. It only calls for a handful of ingredients and is delicious over low FODMAP pasta (I am a huge fan of Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta) or zoodles (<— zucchini noodles). To add some lean protein, I like to stir grilled chicken slices or cooked ground turkey into the sauce.
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes
- ¼ cup garlic-infused olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients except salt in a blender. Pulse until desired sauce consistency is achieved. Set aside.
- Pour sauce into a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season, to taste, with salt. Serve.
Like what you see? Sign up for the Fun Without Fodmaps newsletter and never miss a beat. Bonus: You’ll receive a downloadable eBook with my top 10 recipes.