Serve one or many with this easy-to-make Low FODMAP Mediterranean Grilled Cheese recipe. Full of color and flavor these sandwiches will quickly become a go-to!
Great for a warm lunch or quick and easy supper, these Low FODMAP Mediterranean Grilled Cheese are scrumptious! Filled with FODMAP-friendly feta and mozzarella cheese, kalamata olives, spinach and tomatoes, these sandwiches are packed with nutrition and flavor! And, they’re absolutely delicious dipped into Low FODMAP Tomato Soup.
F w/o F Tip: Gluten-free does not automatically mean low FODMAP. If you’re following a low FODMAP diet, it’s a good practice to double check the ingredients list. Although it’s not necessary to completely avoid FODMAPs, because they won’t cause an allergic reaction, enough FODMAPs may trigger symptoms.
- 2 tsp. butter (or ghee)
- 2 slices low FODMAP gluten-free bread (I use Udi’s Gluten Free White Bread)
- 2 thin slices Roma tomato
- ¼ cup spinach
- 2 Tbsp. pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp. feta cheese
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella slices
- Spread butter evenly on both sides of each piece of gluten-free bread. Top one slice of bread with tomato, spinach, olives, feta, mozzarella and the second slice of bread.
- Preheat sandwich press. Once hot, grill until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Like what you see? Sign up for the Fun Without Fodmaps newsletter and never miss a beat. Bonus: You’ll receive a downloadable eBook with my top 10 recipes.