Serve one or many with this easy-to-make Low Fodmap Mediterranean Grilled Cheese recipe. Full of color and flavor these sandwiches will quickly become a go-to!
Great for a warm lunch or quick and easy supper, these Low Fodmap Mediterranean Grilled Cheese are scrumptious! Filled with fodmap-friendly feta and mozzarella cheese, kalamata olives, spinach and tomatoes, these sandwiches are packed with nutrition and flavor! And, they’re absolutely delicious dipped into Low Fodmap Tomato Soup.
F w/o F Tip: Gluten free does not automatically mean low fodmap. If you’re following a low fodmap diet, it’s a good practice to double check the ingredients list. Although it’s not necessary to completely avoid fodmaps, because they won’t cause an allergic reaction, enough fodmaps may trigger symptoms.
- 2 tsp. butter (or ghee)
- 2 slices low fodmap gluten free bread (I use Udi’s Gluten Free White Bread)
- 2 thin slices roma tomato
- ¼ cup spinach
- 2 Tbsp. pitted kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp. feta cheese
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella slices
- Spread butter evenly on both sides of each piece of gluten free bread. Top one slice of bread with tomato, spinach, olives, feta, mozzarella and the second slice of bread.
- Preheat sandwich press. Once hot, grill until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Enjoy!