Looking to try something new for breakfast? Try Low FODMAP Fajitas Migas! This dish is filled with fresh flavors, crispy tortilla chips, and CHEESE! Yum!
This Low FODMAP Fajitas Migas has quickly become one of my FAVORITE dishes! The warm, crispy tortilla strips paired with tender, bell peppers and cheesy eggs in this recipe is hard to match. I love eating this not only for breakfast but also for a quick and easy weeknight supper!
- 1 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter (or ghee)
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thinly (or ½ each of 2 different colored bell peppers)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (discard seeds for less heat)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. low FODMAP taco seasoning
- ½ cup cheddar (or other low FODMAP) cheese**
- Chopped cilantro and chives, for garnish
- Hot sauce, optional
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add tortilla strips and toast, stirring frequently, until crispy. Remove tortilla strips from pan.
- Reduce heat. To now empty skillet, add bell pepper and jalapeño. Cook until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and taco seasoning. Add seasoned eggs to peppers; pushing around gently with a spatula to scramble.
- Once eggs are almost fully cooked, stir in crispy tortilla strips and cheese. Once eggs are done, top with cilantro, chives and optional hot sauce. Enjoy!