Low Fodmap Cilantro Lime Rice is the perfect base for a burrito bowl, stir fry or curry.
Based on my favorite Chipotle staple, this Low Fodmap Cilantro Lime Rice is not only great for building burrito bowls, but also served under curries or stir-fry.
Personally, I prefer to use white basmati rice in this recipe, which I’ve based the instructions on. However, if you’d like to use whole grain brown basmati rice (it is also low fodmap), just increase the cooking time to the package’s recommendations (usually 35-45 minutes).
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil, divided
- 1 cup uncooked white basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- Place 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add rice and saute, stirring constantly, for two minutes. Add water, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- To rice, add remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Stir to mix well and serve.
Like what you see? Sign up for the Fun Without Fodmaps newsletter and never miss a beat!