Add garlicky flavor to steak, pasta, veggies and more with this easy-to-make Low Fodmap Chive Butter.
While visiting New Zealand, I had the most amazing steak frites (aka steak & fries). It was topped with delicious chive butter and everything about it was melt-in-your-mouth good! I’m salivating just thinking about it.
Fortunately for us, low fodmap-ing folks, both butter and chives are low in fodmaps – so this Low Fodmap Chive Butter is an easy way to add garlicky flavor to not only steaks, but also pastas, potatoes, veggies and more!
I tolerate ghee (a concentrated butter product with most of the milk proteins removed) better than butter. So, I tend to use ghee more often in this recipe. Just a note, ghee does offer a more profound butter-flavor, so a little goes a long way!
- 1 (7.5 oz.) jar ghee (or 8 oz. butter)
- ¼ cup minced fresh chives
- Place ghee and chives in a large bowl. Mash together until fully mixed. Set aside.
- Tear off a large square of plastic wrap. Scoop ghee mixture onto the plastic and roll into a cylinder. Refrigerate or freeze.
- When ready to use, slice and serve.