With just three ingredients, this fun family-friendly Low FODMAP Toad in a Hole is an easy weekday breakfast or a scrumptious Sunday brunch.
A breakfast from way back (like way back to my daycare days), this Low FODMAP Toad in a Hole breakfast is easy-to-make, but also filling and fun for the whole family. Easily double or triple this recipe to feed a crowd.
I like to serve this with sides of bacon and low fodmap berries (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries).
- 2 slices low FODMAP bread
- 2 tsp. butter (or olive oil)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut a 2 to 3-inch hole in the middle of each slice of bread. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread and crack an egg into each hole. Cook 2 minutes until the bottom of the bread is lightly browned and eggs are starting to set. Flip and cook until eggs are desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.