Low FODMAP Monkey Bread is a kid-friendly pull-apart bread dusted with sweet cinnamon sugar – a delicious treat for a special breakfast or brunch!
Oh monkey bread, why do you have to be so delicious?!
These warm, fluffy balls of bread dusted with cinnamon sugar bring me straight back to childhood. Mmmm. Mmmm! Based on a recipe my mom used to make when I was little, this Low FODMAP Monkey Bread is one of my favorites! This, and of course my Low FODMAP Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. 🙂
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour (or other low FODMAP flour) + additional
- 1 (7 g) packet of instant yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. extra light olive oil (or liquid coconut oil) + additional
- ¾ cup warm water (about 100°F)
- 8 Tbsp. butter (or coconut oil for plant-based), melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- Place flour, yeast, and sugar in the bowl of a stand-up mixer. Hand whisk to mix. Add salt and whisk again. Using paddle attachment, start the mixer on medium and slowly stream 3 Tbsp. olive oil and warm water until dough forms into a ball.
- Remove dough ball from mixer and press into a disk. Place dough in a clean bowl and coat with olive oil to prevent a crust from forming while it rises. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm area for 1-2 hours or until the dough has roughly doubled in volume.
- Once the dough has doubled, place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Lightly dust work surface with gluten-free flour. Place refrigerated dough on the surface and roll out until about 1-inch thick. Using a knife (or cookie cutter), cut dough into approximately 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Dip pieces of dough into butter, shaking off excess, before gently rolling in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place prepared balls in even layers in the bread pan, repeating the process with all remaining dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 20 minutes. Serve.