Sweet and tangy, these Low FODMAP Green Beans with Pecans are a scrumptious side dish. Pair with a grilled chicken breast, sirloin or your favorite lean protein.
My take on green bean casserole, these Low FODMAP Green Beans with Pecans are a great side dish for entertaining. Not only are they low FODMAP, but they’re also gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo and Whole30-compliant. So, this one of those recipes that is fantastic if you have a lot of family and friends following different dietary plans. 🙂
- ½ cup pecans
- 1.5 lb. green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes or until just fragrant. Let cool and chop.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add green beans and cook until just tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add green beans and toss to combine. Top with toasted pecans and serve.
Like what you see? Sign up for the Fun Without Fodmaps newsletter and never miss a beat. Bonus: You’ll receive a downloadable eBook with my top 10 recipes.