Creamy, comforting and oh-so-good, this Low FODMAP Greek Lemon Chicken Soup is a delicious way to warm up!
I recently discovered Greek lemon chicken soup and had to make a low FODMAP version. It is that good! This Low FODMAP Greek Lemon Chicken Soup, with only five base ingredients, is pretty easy to make and tastes amazing. I recently had a not-so-fun flare-up of symptoms and this soup was exactly what I craved to help settle my tummy. I hope you enjoy this lemony soup as much as I do!
- 8 cups low FODMAP chicken broth **
- ½ cup arborio rice
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Add broth and rice to a soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until rice is cooked about 15-20 minutes.
- Place egg yolks into a medium bowl and beat lightly with a whisk. While continuing to whisk, slowly(!) pour about 1 cup of hot broth into the beaten eggs. Then slowly whisk mixture back into the rice mixture.
- Add chicken and lemon juice to rice. Cook for five minutes or until warm. Season with salt; top with optional parsley and lemon zest. Serve warm.