Low FODMAP Stuffed Peppers with Rice and Broccoli are a filling, vegetarian option. Choose red bell peppers if you’re in the low FODMAP elimination phase.
Alright, so technically we don’t know if orange bell peppers are low FODMAP, but they were too cute not to include for a fall-inspired vegetarian meal. 🙂
If you’re working on your low FODMAP experiment, I’d recommend using red bell peppers when making these Low FODMAP Stuffed Peppers with Rice & Broccoli. For more information, I’ve included some notes in the bottom section of this recipe about FODMAP content in different colored bell peppers.
Also, if you’re following a low FODMAP diet and are not already using the Monash University FODMAP App, I highly recommend it. This is not sponsored and it does cost about $10, but I use it on a daily basis and encourage all of my low FODMAP clients to use it as well.
- 4 bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (10.8 oz) bag steamable broccoli florets, cooked
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans diced mild green chiles, drained
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chives, minced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully cut around the pepper stems to remove. Remove seeds and place peppers into baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, cooked brown rice, green chiles, salt, paprika, and 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese. Once mixed, scoop mixture into pepper cups, distributing evenly.
- Bake peppers for 15 minutes. Top with remaining 2 oz. cheese and bake for 5 minutes more. Top with optional chives and serve warm.
Like what you see? Sign up for the Fun Without Fodmaps newsletter and never miss a beat. Bonus: You’ll receive a downloadable eBook with my top 10 recipes.