Breakfast sandwich meets grilled cheese in this quick and yummy Low FODMAP Breakfast Grilled Cheese recipe.
Have a low FODMAP recipe request? Leave a comment below or shoot me an email. I love taking requests! In fact, today’s recipe was created at the request of my low FODMAP-ing sister. She requested a recipe for a quick and easy breakfast sandwich option. Ask and ye shall receive. 🙂
Today’s Low FODMAP Breakfast Grilled Cheese blends your typical breakfast sandwich with your typical grilled cheese to make one delicious breakfast option! And, if you’re obsessed with getting some veggies into your breakfast (like me 🙂 ) easily add some sliced tomato or a 1/2 cup spinach.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. butter (or ghee), divided
- 4 slices of low FODMAP bread (I like Udi’s Gluten Free White Sandwich)
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese (or other low FODMAP cheese)
- 4 slices perfectly baked bacon
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and scramble. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread ½ tsp. on one side of each slice of bread. On unbuttered side of two slices, layer cheese, bacon and scrambled eggs. Top with another piece of bread, buttered side up. Place in preheated skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until cheese is melted and bread is golden-brown.
Like what you see? Sign up for the Fun Without Fodmaps newsletter and never miss a beat. Bonus: You’ll receive a downloadable eBook with my top 10 recipes.