Need a quick and easy meal? This Low FODMAP BLT with Egg is your ticket! Delicious and gluten-free, this sandwich recipe is one of my go-to’s: breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Look that yolk, tho! Nom, nom, nom!
I think the yolk makes this BLT, but if you’re not a runny egg fan *gasp* (just kidding, I still love ya!) you can totally omit it for a delicious and gluten-free Low FODMAP BLT.
P.S. By chance BLT is not a household acronym, it stands for: Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. 🙂
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 tsp. garlic-infused olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 2 slices Perfectly Baked Bacon (or cooked bacon)
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 romaine leaves
- Toast bread.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add egg and cover cooking until the desired level of doneness. Remove and set aside.
- Spread mayo on each slice of toasted bread. Top with cooked egg, bacon, tomato and romaine. Slice in half and serve.
Gluten Free? Toast bread in a dedicated toaster, or toast in the oven at 350°F until crispy, and golden brown.
Tolerate polyols? Substitute ⅛ mashed avocado for mayonnaise.